Sunday 6 May 2012

Sidecar Update

I've done some more work on my sidecar but as I now am likely to be waiting on parts and doing some more planning, it might be a few more days before I make any more major progress on it.

Since the last update, I've done a little work on the driver, trimming his torso and a little greenstuff work to make him look better (haven't under took the major stage on de-Catachaning him yet though).

I've also started on the bike's handlebars by adding the central part and speedometer that I made from a cocktail stick, the meter from the Cadian comm-link and some more greenstuff and just need to tidy it up a bit more:


I'm in a minor dilemma though as to how to do the handle bars in regards to lining it up with the driver's arms - should I make the arms fit the bars or the bars fit the arms? I also need to decide on how to make them. At the moment I'm thinking of just using another cocktail stick or maybe some thick garden wire.

One of the main components that I've ordered for this and the other bikes is the Imperial Guard Sentinel searchlight (a smaller version of the ones found on the tanks). I had a spare one waiting to be fixed to my sentinel and just tried placing it where the lamps would be on a bike and felt it fitted perfectly. I had to order these parts (as I needed 6) from two separate bits dealers. I've never dealt with dealers before so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I also stripped the paint off the old metal sentinel's cockpit for use as the sidecar and added the wheel attachment from the attack bike to its side. I think it looks pretty good though I am a little concerned whether it is a little too wide:




My other concern too is that as the sidecar is pretty much all metal, the thin fixture holding it to the bike might snap pretty easily do to the weight (I've applied some greenstuff to it to hopefully strengthen the bond).

As you can also see I've had to take the arms off the Hybrid rider to make him fit in the sidecar too. I'm ever so slightly tempted to try and sculpt another passenger, this time with the old fashioned goggles you used to see people wearing when in a sidecar...

No comments:

Post a Comment