Sunday 13 May 2012

Sidecar Construction Complete

Part 2
Part 1

After waiting for the greenstuff to cure, I got round to finishing the construction of the bike and sidecar (the rider still has a lot of work to go).

The final steps I made also meant that I didn't have to modify the Hybrid passenger so I just put his arms back on.

To do some work on the sidecar (and for later painting) I needed to detach it from the main body so the shape may be a little crooked (I've just placed it together to get a rough idea of things).

And here's the pictures:



I decided to use one of my resin wheels instead of the plastic Space Marine wheel to match the rest of the bike (and also use some of them up). I did some greenstuff work to make the hub cap and improve the tread.


I used another wheel for a spare tyre doing similar greenstuff work to the other wheel I added. I also wanted to have some method of attaching the wheel (other than just having it glued on) to make it look more realistic. I initially tried modelling a strap but that didn't work well so I used some stiff wire to build a bracket.


I trimmed down the cockpit and added a greenstuff cushion to finish off the sidecar.


The next stage is to give it all an undercoat to check that all my surfaces are smooth and that there are no marks with the greenstuff. As the rider is detachable, I can work on him at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment