Friday 24 August 2012

Confessor Finished and a New Project

So I've finished  the Confessor (minus the base). Only had his mace to do so I just needed to find some free time to do it. It wasn't anything too taxing.



I think this ranks as my best painted model ever and didn't take that long to do. Its a stark contrast to the first model I painted (sadly no pictures available as I stripped it a couple of weeks ago).

Also, whilst routing around in my bits box I found an old metal figure that I bought when I was using the Citadel Journal Genestealer Cult rules (so probably around 10 years or so ago). I think its an old Empire Light Wizard model (I ordered it when GW still had its bits service). The model was supposed to be used as a special character in the Journal rules but I never really got round to finishing him off. So after digging him out, I rustled together a few bits and made something that will hopefully fit into my cult.


Basically, I've replaced his sword with a fancy bolt pistol, and created an ornate staff head out of a cocktail stick, genestealer claw and genestealer head (the claw is supposed to be holding the head and it will all be a nice shade of gold). I also trimmed off the Egyptian bear that he was sporting. Not sure how he's going to look at the moment, I think I need to get some paint on him and hopefully he'll come to life and fit right in.

1 comment: