Monday 30 April 2012

Ruined!

(See here for the WIP shots).

Double post today as I've just finished the ruin I've been working on. Took me a bit longer to complete but I'm pretty proud of the results (despite me also buying the wrong shade of grey to finish it off).

It was pretty easy and cheap to make. The only thing I had to buy to specifically build it was some filler and paint, I had the other components lying about.

Here's what I used:

  • Corrugated card (double thickness) - used for the base and the basic structure.
  • Scrap paper / card cutoffs - used to build the bases of all of the rubble heaps.
  • Filler (the quick dry stuff from a tube is easier to use for this) - used to build up and fill the gaps in the walls and rubble heaps.
  • Sprue cutoffs (chopped up pieces of sprue left over), ballast and sand - used to cover the rest of the model.
  • I also added some sandbags, barbed wire and other bits for extra details.
And here is the results:





No comments:

Post a Comment