Monday 21 November 2011

Attempting to Sculpt a Hybrid (Part 2)

Part 1

I've managed to spend a little more time on the sculpting of the Hybrid, though due to my impatience, I don't think the outcome will be amazing but will still have a decent look to it (hopefully a decent paint job could make it look good).



First up is the torso. The white areas are the milliput whilst the green are the greenstuff. The carapace (white areas) were made by cutting squares of milliput and impressing the sharp edge of a knife blade (as opposed to the blunt edge used in the lower ridges in the previous stage). This was then placed on the body and cut to fit. The edges were simply rolling up bits of greenstuff and molding around the carapace. I felt that I perhaps was a little rushed when applying the carapace so the ridges aren't as defined as I'd like.



Next is the head, very simple and just extending a Catachan's head with some greenstuff to look a little more like a Genestealer head. I also added a small strip across the nose and applied a few ridges to mirror the 'bridge' of a Genestealer.

And finally, here's the reference model I'm using. I don't think I'm too far off for a first attempt....


No comments:

Post a Comment